Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
What's stopping YOU from finishing your app and achieving your dreams? — Gideros Forum

What's stopping YOU from finishing your app and achieving your dreams?

techdojotechdojo Guru
edited August 2012 in Relax cafe
Bet it's not as much as these guy's (and gal's)

http://www.boredpanda.com/armless-painter-paints-with-mouth-feet-huang-guofu

http://thebadassproject.com/

Time to get inspired and start making app's people!

WhiteTree Games - Home, home on the web, where the bits and bytes they do play!
#MakeABetterGame! "Never give up, Never NEVER give up!" - Winston Churchill

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    edited August 2012
    Here's another one, that has a smack in the face as a wake up call in the end

But procrastination was never an issue for me. For now only thing holding me back is a lack of proper business model, can't decide which way to go, freemium or in-app purchases, proper pricing etc. Need to experiment with that probably. Wanted to release an app for free with ads, to see some results, feedback etc. But can't correctly implement AdMob plugin. So this and getting a Mac for IOS are the last two pieces needed to publish couple of apps :)
  • @ar2sawseen - "Just Do It!" :))
    Can't comment too heavily as I haven't seen your app nor know how your purchasing works, but for my $0.02 I'd opt for free with a single payment to unlock everything / remove ads.

Free is great to get people to look at your app, IAP's will put some people off - but as I said elsewhere - make it personal, let the user know the person behind the app and that you are a real person, trying to make a living...

The best advice I could give (other than the "Just Do It!") is to follow the "Ready, Fire, Aim" principal of it's easier to change something mid flight, rather than waiting for all the star's to align and the perfect moment to appear.

"The perfect time to release your app was last month, the second best time is now!"
    WhiteTree Games - Home, home on the web, where the bits and bytes they do play!
    #MakeABetterGame! "Never give up, Never NEVER give up!" - Winston Churchill
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    edited August 2012
    I'd opt for free with a single payment to unlock everything / remove ads.
    How's that different from freemium model (why should it work better than freemium)?

In-apps purchases would probably be for solving/passing some levels (I know I'm really bad at bussiness models :) )

But as I said before, the inability of implementing AdMob is delaying me for now. Will fight with it more again on weekend :)

• MellsMells Guru
    edited August 2012
    No excuses.

twitter@TheWindApps Artful applications : The Wind Forest. #art #japan #apps