Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Scrolling in the IDE — Gideros Forum

Scrolling in the IDE

zakkwyldezakkwylde Member
edited January 2012 in Bugs and issues
Hi,

I hope it is not just me, but when using the mouse to scroll down through the code in the IDE is seems to be slow.

It's like it is not refreshing very quickly? Would it have something to do with the code folding..

p.s I have 2010 imac 12GB ram and running Lion.

Dislikes: clement

+1 -1 (+0 / -1 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• how is big your file/s ?

i have not problem at all.

with my macbook Pro 2011 (4g i5) and my Hac*intosh (q9550 8Gb Radeon 6870) running lion 10.7.2
    TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
  • File is not big at all. About 3-4 pages of code...

• GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited January 2012
    mmmm.... i don't know.... :-/

my current project is about 13 files and
    the bigger is about 500 line of code but no problem at all...

someone else with this problem?
    TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
  • atilimatilim Maintainer
    edited January 2012
    Hi,

Are you using beta3? If so, can you download and install beta7 from here http://88.198.22.6/downloads/beta And after installing beta7 can you tell us if the problem is fixed or not.

In beta3, IDE tries to connect to the player too frequently and it slows down the IDE. (If you open the player and IDE connects to the player, the slowdown should vanish.) This bug is fixed in beta7.
  • Hi,

That might have been it. beta 7 does seem smoother with scrolling the code.

Cheers
  • No.... but I wish I could play the guitar like him

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • I also have slow scrolling and sluggish selection for copying at times in the IDE. It isn't consitent - sometimes it is reasonably responsive and at other times it slows quite a lot (enough to make me use an external editor and paste the code back into the IDE at times). Closing Gideros and restarting makes no difference, so it could be to do with other things going on in my PC. It would be nice if it didn't happen. I'm using the latest version of Gideros on Windows 7.

The other thing I really miss in the IDE (and it might be that I've just missed how to do it!) is being able to select several lines of code with the mouse and use a keyboard shortcut or menu command to comment or uncomment all the lines. I'm busy trying out Gideros by using code that I wrote for Corona, so being able to block out stuff while changing syntax would be quite handy. I know I can use --[[ ]]-- and do so at the moment, but habit from other editors finds me highlighting the stuff I want to comment out and then remembering that I can't!

I'm really enjoying the experience and, if all goes well, which switch over from Corona full time.

Thanks, Pete

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • atilimatilim Maintainer
    Hi Pete,

Hopefully your slowness problem is related to this one: http://www.giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/503/gideros-cpu-usage-when-idle#Item_1 It's solved and will be available with the next version (I think we'll release a new version in a week).

Comment/uncomment with a shortcut is requested multiple times and we're planning to implement it in the near future. btw, which shortcut do you usually use to comment/uncomment?

thank you :)
  • I'll look forward totrying the new version when it arrives and hope that it cures the problem.

The shortcuts I use for comment/uncomment are ctrl+Q in one editor and ctrl+shift+C in another. Of the two, I find ctrl+Q the easier, but no great preference other than it can easily be reached just with my left hand.

Thanks, Pete