Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Why am I seeing duplicate suggestions of standard engine functions? — Gideros Forum

Why am I seeing duplicate suggestions of standard engine functions?

Apollo14Apollo14 Member
edited October 2019 in User experience
Hi guys! In text editor I always see duplicate suggestions.
(it's not from recent updates; I've always seen them, just forgotten to report)

Am I the only one who sees duplicates? And how to fix them? Thx!

> Newcomers roadmap: from where to start learning Gideros
"What one programmer can do in one month, two programmers can do in two months." - Fred Brooks
“The more you do coding stuff, the better you get at it.” - Aristotle (322 BC)

Comments

• rrraptorrrraptor Member
    edited October 2019
    Apollo14 said:

Am I the only one who sees duplicates? And how to fix them? Thx!

No.
    There is also two things that annoys me. First, when I save project, cursor change its icon to loading wheel, but it never get change after that, unless I move mouse away from where it was (e.g. hover another window). It wasn't always the problem, in older versions everything works as expected.
    Second, this gaps AFTER function ends which goes all the way down until it reaches another text. Seriously, it is so annoying that i have to manually insert comment after each function like that:
    function whatevername1()
    end
    --
    function whatevername2()
    end
    --
    function whatevername3()
    end
    Because when u fold all your function, it will look like a plain text with lines across the screen.
    1233.png
    81 x 258 - 1K
  • I agree gideros studio (unless you are talking about zb?) has some little flaws but that won't stop us!
    I need to dig into Qt and see how to change some little things but I honestly don't know how nor when! I just live with it and look at gideros wiki a lot (until I know everything functions)
    my growING GIDEROS github repositories: https://github.com/mokalux?tab=repositories
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @Apollo14, thanks for reminding me that. I will check what happens.

@rraptor, unfortunately the issues you see lay either in QT code (for mouse icon) or QScintilla (for syntax highlighter/folding). Gideros is already a big thing to maintain, so I won't try to fix QT or QScintilla, all I can do is try to keep up with updates on their side, which I didn't do in a while for QT I must admit.

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @Apollo14, autocompletion proposals are extracted from the wiki, and it looks like there are actually duplicates. I don't know yet what happens exactly, I use a script to gather function references from the wiki: http://wiki.giderosmobile.com/gidapi.php
    Functions are tagged with a 'GIDEROSMTD' comment on the wiki, but in the duplications I see some of them have a parameters specified and some don't.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Accepted Answer
    Fixed, the extraction SQL query was a bit too naive and parsed old revisions of each page too.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • @hgy29
    QT code (for mouse icon) or QScintilla (for syntax highlighter/folding).
    Its strange because i dont have problem with mouse on my PC at work.
    And folding problem was not always existed. I think, it appear right after editor color themes update.

P.S. just installed 2015.04.26 and there is no problems with empty spaces