Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
'Issues' and questions about the HTML5 export — Gideros Forum

'Issues' and questions about the HTML5 export

hello everyone !
hope everything is ok for you, everywhere on the planet ;)

I'm back with few questions/issues and the need of some help.

I tried to export a very simple project (1 image and 2 text fields on the screen and basta !) with the HTML5 export. I didn't checked the FBinstant option as I'm out of this unwelcoming universe for the moment.

1. I just want to display my project on a web page. But, it only works on Chrome and Edge. It keeps loading (spinner) on Firefox and Brave. I'm not sure but I think it's a problem of cross-origin calls. I also read the Sinistersoft topic about adblocker but my firefox is vanilla (no ad-block extension). And, I saw that this URL from SinisterSoft game (https://deluxepixel.com/players/zombierocks/) works well... so strange. I just want to be sure that I didn't miss something or that it's not an issue from latest release.
In another way, I think that it's not really an problemthat I have to complain because... everyone use Chrome (or safari). Users of other browsers are only a niche. But I like to be confident with my product and masters all the aspects that can be checked easily. So, if you have a solution...

2. In the same kind of issue, when I open the web inspector, I saw a lot of errors in the console that, of course, I don't understand as they are from the JS (a language I don't speak) and about the structure of files around the HTML5 export... I know that these errors doesn't block the project as it works well in Edge but as I already told, I would prefer a page without errors (does it exist ? lol)

3. Last, is there a solution to simplify the integration of the container in a web page. Everywhere, I see that users open an iframe in their pages to display the HTML5 export. I don't want to do that. I just want to take the strict minimum part of the html code and paste it in my HTML page. Any advice on that point ?

thanks again :)

My meditation plan :
SinisterSoft: “ I don't create classes that much - classes are good for making things simpler but imho for frame rate they are also death by a thousand cuts.”
Totebo: “ Best quote ever.”
🤔

Comments

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    1. Not sure why it doesn't work on FF (I mostly use FF and test on that myself), but did you host your files on a web server or did you try to load them from your file system ? FF will prohibit the latter.
    2. This is worse than you think, since different browsers will issue different warnings :)
    3. You could just edit the generated index.html and css styles, maybe ?

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • jimlevjimlev Member
    1. You're the best. I tested it in local conf. Uploaded it to my server and TADAAAMMM it works
    2. Thanks, it helps :D :smiley: :p
    3. this is hell :neutral: but I gonna do that...

Another point I will need soon. After loading, my game needs to get some params from a SQL table. Is there a (quite detailed) tuto anywhere that I missed ?

thanks

My meditation plan :
    SinisterSoft: “ I don't create classes that much - classes are good for making things simpler but imho for frame rate they are also death by a thousand cuts.”
    Totebo: “ Best quote ever.”
    🤔
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook