Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Determining the Limit of Human Eyesight — Gideros Forum

Determining the Limit of Human Eyesight

PlatypusPlatypus Member
edited October 2013 in General questions
Ladies & Gents,

I have a favour to ask of anyone with a very high resolution (>326ppi) device.

I am trying to determine the threshold in pixel density beyond which any increase is completely undetectable by humans. I tested 3 people at 326 ppi, but all of them were able to correctly count and report the number of white pixels in a small, uniform, rectangular array of black and white pixels. I want to discover the pixel density at which people cannot even tell the difference between a grey rectangle and a chequerboard array of black and white pixels.

If anyone has a device with a pixel density greater than 326 pixels per inch, would you be kind enough to test a few people and report the results here?

I made one test image at the pixel dimensions of so-called "1080p" devices. If your display is not exactly 1080 x 1920, please let me know and I will post a different version for your device.
1080p-Retina-Test.png
1080 x 1920 - 53K
Kate's Catalogue of Travelling Theatre Centres :
Meet Kate. Grey is her favourite colour. Maths is her favourite subject. Decency is her favourite type of behaviour.
She definitely does not like jewellery or modelling, but loves aeroplanes and other machines made of aluminium.

Comments