Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Error installing the media plugin on linux — Gideros Forum

Error installing the media plugin on linux

AniketAniket Member
edited August 2014 in Code snippets
error loading module 'media' from file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Gideros\media.dll':
Procedure not found.

stack traceback:
main.lua:2: in main chunk

Is the exact error I get, trying to run the GiderosExample after copying all dll's in windows to the base directory that gideros was installed in, since that's where it said it was looking for the dll.

I'm running wine and Kubuntu 14.04 64 bit.

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Accepted Answer
    aha, interesting.
    I know that Gideros works through WINE on linux, but unfortunately I have no idea if library linking works the same way, not a linux user.
    But
    when Gideros will get open sourced, I think it will be possible to create native linux builds of Gideros
  • AniketAniket Member
    edited August 2014
    @ar2rsawseen
    Thanks, could you also tell me why the plugins are packaged the way they are? The media plugin for instance, it requires me to copy files all over the place but doesn't give me a folder I can just drop into the plugins folder of gideros.

I looked through the structure of the BitOp plugin under All Plugins/BitOp/ and when I moved the Media files into a folder of an appropriate structure, it longer crashed on me.

Maybe I'm missing a step in installing?

Thank you for your continued support in this hard time.
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    edited August 2014 Accepted Answer
    @Aniket all the plugins should be placed in the "Plugins" directory (this is where Gideros Player looks for them)

The "All Plugins" directory simply contains sources and binaries of all the plugins provided with Gideros installation, for your own use (learning, copying, modifying, etc)