Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Masking & Clipping - Page 2 — Gideros Forum

Masking & Clipping

2»

Comments

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @antix, I see what you mean, those are the areas shown as padding due to aspect ratio preservation, right ? Then yes, they are part of the framebuffer, so using a setClip(0,0,width,height) will clip them

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • antixantix Member
    @hgy29, oh damn okay that is really simple. The documentation for setClip is quite confusing and unclear.

I have Gideros 2015.05.09 and setClip isn't even present in my documentation. Searched online and found it though.
  • antixantix Member
    edited June 2015
    Seems like I am missing something here. I just modified the jumping ball sample code, enlarging the screen area to 640 x 960 Landscape Left. I also modified the limits on the ball x from min -50, max 370, and similar with the y from min -50, max 530. I also added this in the init for the ball..

ball:setClip(0,0,320,480)

When I run the code, the ball can now move out of the screen area but does not get clipped at all. Can anyone point out what I'm missing here?

Dislikes: antix

+1 -1 (+0 / -1 )Share on Facebook
  • antixantix Member
    Nevermind, I figured it out. It seems that if I use stage:setClip(0, 0, 320, 480) it works like magic. Maybe the documentation could be made clearer how it works?
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    edited June 2015
    @antix, you are right, the way it works may not be obvious for everyone.
    I wasn't aware that documentation was shipped with Gideros Studio, and I believe it is not automatically synced with the official online version ( @ar2rsawseen: am I right ?).

What sprite:setClip(x,y,w,h) actually does is preventing pixels to be painted outside the box defined by x,y,w,h in sprite coordinate system. It affects only the sprite it is applied to and its children.

• antixantix Member
    @hgy29, cool, thanks. I don't know what version of the documentation I have installed is. Your explanation of setClip is great and the documentation should be similar.

Now that my stage has clipping I can delete those shapes I had created that were hiding the unclipped sprites :)
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    @hgy29 true
    will need to look at it when I'm back