Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Gideros Questions — Gideros Forum

Gideros Questions

mejonmejon Member
edited June 2015 in General questions
Hello,

I have a couple of questions to determine whether I'll use Gideros.

1. Can you make apps for Ios/Android using Gideros?

2. Can you use ads in the apps you create? e.g admob

3. Is it free to make and publish with no royalties?

4. Can you make the same type of games using Gideros as you would using Corona SDK, Unity, or Construct2?

5. What are some popular Ios/Android apps made with Gideros

6. How long does it take to learn Gideros for a beginner?

7. How are games in gideros created, is it like Corona SdK?

thanks

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• talistalis Guru
    edited June 2015 Accepted Answer
    Hi mejon. Let me try to answer your questions.

1- You can make apps for Ios/Android. Windows mobile, windows store and mac store is also coming soon. There was a kick-starter campaign, and who backs up that campaign already get the Windows and mac store feature. But soon (If i remember correctly something like June) it will be published to everyone.
    See the kick-starter campaign in the forum and here :
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/207069325/port-gideros-studio-to-windows-phone-8-and-desktop

2-Yes you can use ads in your apps. Not only admob, lots lots of them. Actually with the ads interface you can even integrate any ad network by your self so much easilly.

3-Yes Gideros is totally free and opensourced.

4-You can make the same kind of games. But do not forget gideros is specialized in 2D games. Even now some 3D support is added , if you wanna develop some 3D game gideros is not the right tool. But for all kind of 2D game(with some 3d in it) i can not see any reason why to use any kind of other engine.

5-See the showcase. But also if you will search the forum there are so many apps published which are not in showcase.
    http://giderosmobile.com/apps

6-Gideros using Lua. And Lua is one of the easiest to use and powerful language in my opinion. If you have some basic algorithm experience you can quickly apply it using Lua code. In addition gideros has it's own OOP method which is really cool :D

7-For this question i do not have so much experience. But it seems like a SDK to me at first look.