Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
"find" dialog positioning issue — Gideros Forum

"find" dialog positioning issue

Here's an odd thing I've run into with Gideros Studio on Windows: If I'm in the code editor and do "find in files", either from the drop down menu or with shift+ctrl+f, the "find in files" dialog appears over the center of the Gideros Studio app. But if do "find", either from the drop down menu or with ctrl+f, the position of the dialog varies strangely. If I have a relatively small window for the studio and have it on the left edge of my monitor, the "find" dialog appears roughly in the center of the studio. But the further to the right I position the studio window, the further left of the studio window and the further bellow it the find dialog appears.

I'm using 3 monitors and I usually run the studio in the first one, the only 4K monitor. It's one extended desktop, so the further into the 3 monitors (to the right of the combined desktop) I move the studio, the further left of it the find dialog appears. If I drag the studio onto my third monitor the find dialog appears way back on the first monitor. Yet "find in files" always pops up over the studio window.

I've tried deleting the .ini file to reset stored options, but the problem persists.

Ideally I'd like the "find" dialog to appear where it was positioned the last time it was used, relative to the studio window. Is that possible?

Paul

Comments

• MoKaLuxMoKaLux Member
    edited December 2023
    PaulH said:

But if do "find", either from the drop down menu or with ctrl+f, the position of the dialog varies strangely.

This is hard coded in Gideros Studio (Qt), basically the find dialog appears in the middle of Gideros output panel whenever possible.

In other words the find dialog follows where Gideros output is docked.
    my growING GIDEROS github repositories: https://github.com/mokalux?tab=repositories
  • PaulH said:

Ideally I'd like the "find" dialog to appear where it was positioned the last time it was used, relative to the studio window. Is that possible?

Some time ago the find dialog was always situated at the far right of the output panel , this was changed some Gideros versions ago to be in the middle of the output panel.
    my growING GIDEROS github repositories: https://github.com/mokalux?tab=repositories
  • PaulHPaulH Member
    edited December 2023
    Yeah, I remember that change. But the find dialog doesn't follow the output panel if the window is moved, at least not in my case.

I'd be fine with the find and find-in-project dialogs appearing in the center of the output panel. I thought the replace dialog was still appearing there, and it does if my studio window is on the left side of the desktop. But if I move the studio window until it's even partially on the second (lower resolution) display the replace dialog appears a bit left and far below the studio window, below the bottom of the display if the studio window is large enough.

While I find the find-in-project dialog appearing centered over the studio window less than ideal (it often overlaps text I want to see) at least it appears there consistently regardless of where on a multi-display desktop the studio is. It would be great to see all those appear in the same place, ideally repositionable relative to the window, or just always over the output window.