Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Facebook or Not? — Gideros Forum

Facebook or Not?

GiderosFanGiderosFan Member
edited July 2015 in User experience
Hey guys,

what you think about Facebook implementation?

The most people are totally annoyed from the Invitations or don't share on timeline. The don't use Facebook in an game. The other side is you can distribute your game faster. Is it another nice feature or not not necessary. So what you guys think about Facebook integration in games?

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• piepie Member
    I personally don't like it, but I think that it could work to spread your game, in a special way if it is a multiplayer game where you can challenge your friends.. ;)

• SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    I have it in there optionally. If my friends join then they don't have to pay iap and see no adverts.
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • I personally don't like and use Facebook too. But i thought for sharing some game information it would be okay.

@SinisterSoft that's a nice idea with join instead of paying but how you control the people join and not just invited other!? I mean i have friends they get everyday game invitations they don't look at it just click the x and that was it.
  • talistalis Guru
    edited July 2015
    if your program will use facebook entegration, there should be always win-win condition .
    The clients which are thinking like this will be maximum 0,0001 % :
    -Hmmm i like the game so much let the programmer will earn money :D

Example of win-win conditions:

1-Share your score on facebook to receive in-game money, power-ups , skins etc etc. Short story receive anything that's valuable inside your game. something your user will feel her/him self special.

2-Supply user with entertainment, or joy of sharing; what do i mean?
    ex:Screenshot of a silly moment inside a game with a joke, share in facebook.
    Or the best example will be Tom talking cat application, search in market you will understand.

3-Crating a race, and feeding the ego of people by creating a competitive environment . Like the application "Who knows? " Weekly tournaments over facebook.

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    edited July 2015
    No, I check the list of people the person is friends with - if I'm in the list then they are free. So only people directly friends with me have the cheats, etc...

Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com