Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Doxygen Generated Documentation — Gideros Forum

Doxygen Generated Documentation

yarlyyarly Member
edited April 2012 in Suggestions & requests
I was wondering if in the near future, Doxygen generated documentation could be offered along side the current API documentation. It would let us developers use a script found here (http://getmoai.com/forums/moai-sdk-for-intellij-idea-t445/) to auto generate the API+documentation for Intellij IDEA. Moai uses Doxygen already, so I'm guessing it isn't overly painful to generate it (http://getmoai.com/docs/).

I've tried the built in IDE that comes with Gideros, but it's just a little limited for anyone that does professional development all the time (no debugging or ctrl+click on code to jump to things, etc). I like it okay as it's made for Gideros, but there's just too much missing for me (perhaps to avoid scaring off those not used to an IDE).

Currently, I just manually generate the documentation, but this would make things far easier. I've been on the fence to which Lua game framework to use, but I'm leaning the most towards Gideros, since it seems to be the most stable+best performance.

Comments

• ZoytZoyt Member
    Aha! Another Moai transfer! But I looked into Moai, but didn't find the docs very clear due to the fact it used Doxygen. A real guide - Doxygen guide wouldn't be bad...
  • yarlyyarly Member
    edited April 2012
    Yep, haha. I've been looking for a framework that's good for prototyping and also had the best chance of being used for a production game. Moai looked promising, but it's still too new I think and lacks a lot of documentation + performance is questionable on Android.

Corona had lots of support and documentation, but the price + questionable performance issues that seem to be chronic turned me off. For what they charge, it should perform far better than it does really without a ton of micro optimization.

Gideros seemed like a good match between those two and easy to work with so I'm liking it so far.

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook