Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
My First Game — Gideros Forum

My First Game

mertocanmertocan Member
edited May 2012 in General questions
I am going to release my first game next week . Do you have any recommendations? What should i do to advertise my game? And Should i do it free or 0.99 Usd ?

Mert

Comments

• gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    I'd say, distribute it freely - it'd be hard to sell it if people do not find a real good value in it. You have to make sure what the game is all about (hitting as much birds as you can in a given time? hitting only the black birds and avoid hitting the white ones?).

Do you have a friend that can help you with the graphics (especially the bar at the top)? You may want to spend a bit more time with that part.

Make the icon very pretty and visible to attrackt users, and make sure that the screenshots are neat.

Good luck!
  • hitting as much birds as you can in a given time?

The Arcade mode will be like this and survive mode will be the same with the video.

Do you have a friend that can help you with the graphics?

I think I have :) i will ask them to help.

Thanks for suggestions :)
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    Take your time with publishing. Polish more ;-)
  • denizdeniz Maintainer
    Make attractive videos and distribute them on Facebook and youtube, no later than 9a.m in the morning. (tell your friends to share)
    Try to publish on a Thursday.
    Use twitter effectively not in a row but in every 8 hours. (message me so I can re-tweet. ) Find fun messages.
    Icon is very important! If you can make A/B testing with a ad budget to choose the icon. (pay like a little money, put two icons, whichever gets clicks more, that is your icon)
    Make searches with the keywords. The description of your game is extremely important.
    Choose screen shots wisely
    Going free, getting a user base and then going paid is a strategy to consider.

I hope this helps!
    Try to make cool videos.
    Cheers!

• Thanks alot :) I will do all of these :)