Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Video Games and Emotion : Your favorites, and why? — Gideros Forum

Video Games and Emotion : Your favorites, and why?

MellsMells Guru
edited June 2012 in Relax cafe
Hi community,

I have a few questions for the ones who have a few minutes to answer :)

1. What is your favorite game character and what is the main reason why you loved that character so much?
  • Can you describe what makes this character unique and what created such feeling, such "relationship" with him?
  • Is that the character design?
  • The adventure he takes part in?
  • Something else?
If you can't choose only one character (I know how it feels!), please limit your selection to 3.

2. What is the game that has made you feel awesome?
A game where you could achieve something that made you feel great, powerful, skillful.
  • If you think about a specific moment in the game, that would be great if you could give a short description - or even better a Youtube link
For example, I remember that I had great times when playing Starfox on my Snes or the final track in Super Mario Kart (Snes), rainbow track without braking, pressing the engine button all time, and chaining the high speeds at 150cc.
The first time I could do it I felt so great and I was the first one to achieve it in my school (I guess at that time it was important for us :).
I don't know the majority of games that you talked about in the other thread (8 bits Nostalgia) except The Saboteur on Amstrad and I would add Ikari Warriors) but if you have an *old* favorite, I want to hear about it!

3. Have you found a game on mobile devices that brought you the same level of enjoyment?
  • If yes, which one and why?
  • If not, which one came close and what did you expect more?
I'm looking forward to reading your answers :)

Thanks

twitter@TheWindApps Artful applications : The Wind Forest. #art #japan #apps

Comments

• atilimatilim Maintainer
    edited June 2012
    Hi @Mells,

1. I think, all of the characters of Final Fantasy X. The character design, dialogs, relationship between them... They all seem so real and while playing you fell like becoming a part of the team.

2. Ninja Spirit. Because you need to memorize all the levels and movements of the enemies precisely and if you forget a pattern the only think that can save you is your reflexes. It feels so great when you pass a level flawlessly.

3. Still searching :)