Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Gideros Mobile in the cloud — Gideros Forum

Gideros Mobile in the cloud

MellsMells Guru
edited November 2012 in Relax cafe
Hi,

has anybody tried MacInCloud?
Gideros is featured on the homepage and listed in the list of supported SDK.
MacinCloud is a Mac rental service that provides PC, older Mac and Mobile users access to Apple Manufactured Mac servers through the Internet. Imagine that now you can virtually own a Mac in the Cloud!
I thought it was worth a mention.

For services a bit different but that could be useful : MacMiniColo
twitter@TheWindApps Artful applications : The Wind Forest. #art #japan #apps

Comments

• Yes I've tried it some time ago. But for me, being so far away from US, the connection was really slow, that it was practically unbearable. Maybe it was improved since that time.

Still great idea for the service though, and I believe it would be a great service for US devs, especially since Gideros is there now :)
  • I've tried it twice, once earlier this year on an average connection and again since I've got my 80/20 connection.

I am well above all the requirements and the suggested ping tests and still it runs really, REALLY slow. It's such a shame as I don't have a Mac and was hoping this would be a good substitute but as it stands it's pretty unusable. This seems to be the general verdict I've seen on blogs and forums as well.

There's a first day free trial if you sign up for a subscription and you can cancel within 24 hours so I suggest anyone to try it but personally I've given up hope with it. It may be useful purely for builds but even getting a menu to update is a nightmare.
  • MellsMells Guru
    edited November 2012
    That's great to know, I hope users that want to develop for iOs but don't own a Mac will read that thread and really use the 24h trial to know if the service is usable for them or not.
    twitter@TheWindApps Artful applications : The Wind Forest. #art #japan #apps
  • john26john26 Maintainer
    Aside from slowness issues, my reservation about MacinCloud is my impression that one's Apple developer account is linked to a particular Mac. (correct me if I am wrong here). If that is the case, you would have an income stream linked to a particular Mac you don't own and might lose access to. For example if you leave MacinCloud then rejoin, you would presumably get a timeshare on another Mac. I might try using MacinCloud for the free version of my game though but not sure about paid version...