Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Speed and learning curve — Gideros Forum

Speed and learning curve

teo77teo77 Member
edited February 2013 in General questions
Hello everybody.
I always have been interested in programming, due to my curious nature (when i see something i like i always try to understand how it's been made\work....from pc to furnitures, cars, houses...).
I never managed to make anything serious, just tinkering as a hobby.
I read and tried a bit of C, and various basic powered languages.
Whit one of those i managed to write different bits of code, from pathfinders to movement, loading files and read values to make objecs etc etc.
The max i managed, gamewise, was to have a top down shoot-em up with different enemies, power ups, waves, scrolling backgrounds, tilemaps...just a simple 1 level demo.
To be honest it wasn't that difficult to learn, just the maths behind it took a little bit of effort.

So i thought that it would be cool to have my little app on my phone, just to show i can do it.
I was wondering how difficult it would be to start from scratch again with Gideros and Lua.
After browsing and getting info for days, i came to the conclusion that the above sound like a good combination for quick development on Android.
How long do you think it will take me to learn lua enough to make something like a simple shoot em up?
I know it's a difficult answer, but its just so i can decide if i really want to go ahead with it or not.
I will probably be able to dedicate 10 hours a week into it.
What do you think?

Comments