Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Problem with build using Xcode 5.1 — Gideros Forum

Problem with build using Xcode 5.1

ArmandArmand Member
edited March 2014 in General questions
Hi,

Yesterday I updated my iPad to iOS7.1 and needed to update my XCode development environment to 5.1 in order to my iPad to be recognized again. However, now my Gideros build fails (exported project into XCode and build) where before it always worked flawlessly.

The error messages say something about arm64 architecture, so it seems that the complete environment now has migrated to a 64 bit platform. Apparently, it also expects Gideros to be compiled for 64 bit, which it isn't.

(Dozens of messages like ...libgideros.a: missing required architecture arm64... etc. etc.)

As I'm not used to developing iOS apps with XCode directly, I have no idea how I can change the compiler/linker settings to fall back to 32 bit mode, if at all possible. (And perhaps it should anyway; I guess the early iPads also don't support 64 bit.)

Building for other (simulator) targets works fine, so I guess it automatically falls back to 32 bit mode for those targets. However, as for now, I can't get it to build in 32 bit mode for my iPad Air.

Does anyone have a clue? If so, the replies to this forum post may help others that might get the same problem soon.

Thanks,

Armand.

Comments