Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
TNT Particles Engine for Gideros Mobile SDK PREVIEW 2 - Coming Soon - - Page 2 — Gideros Forum

TNT Particles Engine for Gideros Mobile SDK PREVIEW 2 - Coming Soon -

Comments

• atilimatilim Maintainer
    Hi Gianluca,
    It's a pleasure watching your videos :)
    Also we have a cheap huawei sonic phone (armv6). But it's not near to me. I'll post the results.
  • @atilim
    oh. thanks.
    TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
  • Hey, tried it on LG Optimus One (P500) and it ran pretty smoothly,
    there was couple of freezings for less then a second, but I think it was mostly due to background processes, cause they weren't repeatetive.

• GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited February 2012
    thanks! @ar2rsawseen!

yes it ran pretty smoothly!!! (i'm very happy ;) )

thanks to give your time in this test! (and for your video)

more tests soon... ;)
    TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
  • Do whatever I can to help you publish it faster :)
  • ;;) thanks! ;;)
    www.tntengine.com
  • this one can be heavy... you are warned :P (BTW on my SGS run smoothly)

if you can... try this..
    (a lot of alpha morph, color morph, size morph and rotations...)

ciao ciao
    Gianluca.
    zip
    zip
    getting_start5.apk.zip
    2M
    www.tntengine.com
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    Perfetti with my Huawei U8650 device :-h
  • @gorkem
    >:)
    thanks!
    www.tntengine.com
  • GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited February 2012
    $ whois tntparticleengine.com
    No match for "TNTPARTICLEENGINE.COM".

\:D/
    @gorkem

recheck now! (www.tntparticlesengine.com) :D >:) :P

.... eheheh! ....

:D
    www.tntengine.com
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    :)>-

When are you launching the site?
  • oh. i hope in a week. i have no web design expericences and a friend of mine promised me to make it quickly. (the same that registered the site for me).

www.tntengine.com
  • I just tried both on a Kindle Fire, they both run very smoothly. The only thing is I notice some almost invisible squares glitching all over the screen? This is mostly on getting_start4 where its pretty constant all over the screen, and I noticed it once in a while on 5.

It's hard to describe I wish I could take a video to show you. Maybe it's something with the resolution? Kindle is 600x1024. The orbs are very blurry but I'm not sure what the ideal effect looks like.

PS. I emailed you about beta testing a few days ago not sure if you got it, I'm happy to help anyway I can :)
  • GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited February 2012
    I just tried both on a Kindle Fire, they both run very smoothly. The only thing is I notice some almost invisible squares glitching all over the screen? This is mostly on getting_start4 where its pretty constant all over the screen, and I noticed it once in a while on 5.

It's hard to describe I wish I could take a video to show you. Maybe it's something with the resolution? Kindle is 600x1024. The orbs are very blurry but I'm not sure what the ideal effect looks like.

PS. I emailed you about beta testing a few days ago not sure if you got it, I'm happy to help anyway I can :)
    thanks @avo for you feedback...
    the squares maybe for the low resolution (320x480) anyway if you can take a video will be perfect!!! ;)

yes i've got you email... sorry for late replay... and yes if you like you are in beta tester list!

thanks for you support.

ps: today i'm working with the last things and then i send an email at all beta tester with the library...

(hope this very very soon)

ciao,
    Gianluca.
    www.tntengine.com
  • very exciting Gianluca!

I can't take a video but I think it's probably the resolution since it happens as the particle expands and gets to a certain size I think. Hopefully I can test it when you send out the beta.
  • I ran it on an ARMv6 Huawei I think it is the U8150, it executed, but that's that, it was in staccato bursts. Will try on LG One (I think)
    twitter: @ozapps | http://www.oz-apps.com | http://howto.oz-apps.com | http://reviewme.oz-apps.com
    Author of Learn Lua for iOS Game Development from Apress ( http://www.apress.com/9781430246626 )
    Cool Vizify Profile at https://www.vizify.com/oz-apps
  • @OZApps thanks for testing.

what do you mean with "staccato bursts. " ?
    www.tntengine.com
  • hi Greg,
    first it is a really slow device, bottom of the pile really (but it cost me quite a lot).
    Staccato bursts means it is almost like when the computer freezes for some HDD activity and then starts again where things just happen and then it freezes again.

It might help if you put a FPS counter that could help.
    twitter: @ozapps | http://www.oz-apps.com | http://howto.oz-apps.com | http://reviewme.oz-apps.com
    Author of Learn Lua for iOS Game Development from Apress ( http://www.apress.com/9781430246626 )
    Cool Vizify Profile at https://www.vizify.com/oz-apps
  • Armv6 devices are naturally slower. My game runs with little hickups on my IPod touch 2nd gen (Armv6) but smoothly on my HTC Desire (Armv7). It is even more important to not do to much logic in LUA on a ARMv6 device.
  • thanks guys for your feedback.

@OZApps yes the same here with ipod 2^nd gen. (but on Huawei U8650 armv6 90€ cell works really smooth).

@MikeHart in core function there are a discrete number of if/then and some math (simple math btw). i tried some optimizations but i think that the best way is to convert this core function in native code.

this means that for now no android version. (hope atilim release antroid plugin system as soon as possible)

now i need to start to study how pluging system works!!!!

One question: is possible to code in c/c+ (not objective c) for iOS ?

www.tntengine.com
  • MikeHartMikeHart Guru
    edited February 2012
    Yes, it is better to use C++ because then you have no problem to create a plugin for the desktop simulator.
    edited February 2012
    Hi Gianluca,

If you aren't going to use Cocoa libraries for iOS, (and you won't need it for particle engine), you can code totally in C/C++ (and I recommend it so that your code can be directly used with Android later)

On the other hand, currently accessing the graphics engine through plugins is somewhat limited. After releasing 2012.2.1, we'll start to work on Android plugins and extensible graphics engine.
  • @atilim. thanks.

for now i'll try to convert only math/logic related stuff and let gideros/lua draw graphics. and see what happens.

for what i understood the main bottleneck is then logic (if/then and math)

is there a simple sample setup tutorial for develop plugins ?
    www.tntengine.com
  • I have a simple sample plugin on my harddrive at home. Will post it tonight.
  • I would be really grateful.
    thanks mike!
    www.tntengine.com
  • just discovered. :\">

"Section 8 in the Ultimate Guide to Gideros" by Caroline
    is a good start

thanks @Caroline. :x
    www.tntengine.com
  • :) - I'll try to answer any questions if you have them. There's a Plugins category in which it would be nice to get a few discussions going.
    Also you can contact me anytime :-c
  • little update:

pat... pat... pat...

1075 lines of source code... (60k) @-)
    engine (i hope) just finished...
    simple docs and reference finished...
    writing some other demo e getting start samples and send out to beta tester...
    then
    try to optimize more and then... try to rewrite main core func in C !!! (fingers crossed!!) [-O<

now go to bed!!! (:| (:| (:| tomorrow a really
    hard "my real" day work!!! :(

Ciao
    Buonanotte.!
    Gianluca.
    www.tntengine.com
    +1 -1 (+4 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • techdojotechdojo Guru
    edited February 2012
    @GregBug - Just ran both your demos on my ZTE Blade (600mhz, ARMv6, Android 2.2) both seemed to run smoothly, no text on screen so I can't report frame rates or anything, but a nice effect.

(also FWIW - I'd be happy to throw in a donation if you decide to release the software, it'd sure save me a lot of time).

BTW - Prefer the effect in 4 rather than 5 :) - that would make a nice live wallpaper. Is it possible to make Android live wallpapers in Gideros ???

Jon...
    WhiteTree Games - Home, home on the web, where the bits and bytes they do play!
    #MakeABetterGame! "Never give up, Never NEVER give up!" - Winston Churchill