Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Can I "force" @2x or baseimages? — Gideros Forum

Can I "force" @2x or baseimages?

piepie Member
edited January 2015 in General questions
Hi, I have baseimages and baseimages@2x in my game assets.

I was wondering if it's possible to set an in-game option to choose which texture Pack should be loaded, either if that needs restarting the application to actually reload all textures (as happens in a lot of pc-games).

There are many devices out there, these will become more and more as the kickstarter project reach its goal. It could be cool to give the users the possibility to change "texture size" according to their need/device power/resolution.

If I really like the graphic detail I would choose @2x/@3x texturepack, while if I like faster load time and pixel art I could choose baseimage.. :)

Autoscaling already works perfectly as a "default option", if we could just "manually override" its settings, it should be easy-done.

thank you

Comments

• I think this is a good idea. At the same time some terture loading fall back should be implimented - so if a larger version of the texture exists but fails to load (possibly the texture size is not supported) then it falls back to a lower resolution version and so on.

Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook