Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Error in Visual Studio — Gideros Forum

Error in Visual Studio

yubaroyubaro Member
edited September 2015 in General questions
Hi guys.
I have the error shown in the image.
I realize that I not have on my computer the folder "program files (x86)". I have just the folder "program files".
I am doing my testing in Win10(32bits) with Visual Studio Community 2013
errorvisual.jpg
932 x 250 - 56K

Comments

• john26john26 Maintainer
    Strange. It seems Visual Studio is looking in the wrong place for its internal include files. I checked the VCXPROJ and SLN files that are distributed by Gideros and they make no explicit reference to the "program files (x86)" directory. So this must be a Visual Studio internal setting that is wrong. The best thing might be to just reinstall VS or try the more recent version: VS Community 2015. I originally compiled the libs in VS Express for Windows 2013 but others seem to have no problems in VS community 2015.

Here's a list of the Visual Studios with system requirements
    https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/visual-studio-2015-system-requirements-vs

32 bit Win10 is pretty unusual, any reason not to have 64 bit?. The reference to "program files (x86)" seems to indicate VS thinks it is installed on a 64 bit machine. Is it possible you somehow installed the wrong version?
  • @john26 thanks for you response!

I will install VS Community 2015 and I'll tell you how it goes.

I have an old laptop that meets the requirements but not for 64bit. :((
  • yubaroyubaro Member
    edited September 2015
    @john26
    I installed VS Community 2015 and I keep getting the same error. Any ideas? :-/ :-/
  • @john26
    I opened the file "luawinrt.Windows.lib" in notepad ++ and refers to program files (x86).
    I modified the file, but Visual recognized as corrupt.
  • john26john26 Maintainer
    yes, you are right the lib files do refer to the specific directory where Visual Studio is installed. This is a very bad idea as it makes it hard for developers to pass lib files between them. It would have been much better to refer to an environment variable. I've tried a web search but didn't find any solution. I will try asking on forums if there is a way to create Lib files in VS which are portable between computers.

Visual Studio is a 32 bit program and the Gideros Lib files are 32 bit as well so there is no excuse for this snafu by Microsoft. I will report back when I find something.

One rather crazy approach might be to create a programs files (x86) folder on your computer and copy all the files VS needs across. But this is very unsatisfactory.
  • Thanks @john26 , will there be a solution in the next versions of Gideros?
    What is the difference between exports Win32 (alpha) and WinRT?
    With which of the two it will be exported in the future?