Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
vim_rocks here! — Gideros Forum

vim_rocks here!

vim_rocksvim_rocks Member
edited December 2015 in Introduce yourself
Hello ladies (who are we fooling?), OK, gentlemen.
My name is Victor and I am not a game developer (believe me, I try) from South America.
I do pixel, vector and sometimes 3D art, actually I started in game development using Blender 2.49 (good ol' times :D) which was 3D, and then after that I tried experimenting with 2d as well.
So, there's a lot more than that, but let's just skip to the part I start using Vim and learn about Gideros's existence, which basically happened this week.
I'm sort of a noob newcomer to LUA and I complete noob to Gideros, but I hope my Python and JS (which LUA is for me, python and JS but faster...) background help me. See you :)

Twitter -> @vicfabgo
+1 -1 (+4 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• Greetings Victor :)
  • amin13aamin13a Member
    edited December 2015
    Lua is similar to Python even easier and Gideros is an amazing game engine and forum is very kind and responsive.
    good luck Victor.
  • Hi Victor - Lua is easier and faster than Python, you should love it in comparison.

How did you find out about Gideros?
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com

• @antix

@amin13a
    You really prove that the forum is kind, thank you very much!

@Sinister
    I found out about Gideros while looking for a game library that could give me the possibility to develop games for Android, I tested Corona but... well we all know why we prefer Gideros over Corona :-\" .
    Maybe some of you are going to get shocked, but I am a Unity developer and most of my work and study is based on Unity, but I decided to use something new that fits my needs and teaches me new things, I simply love learning. With "fits" I mean, I need a shoe to kill an ant, not a nuke. (not saying that Gideros doesn't have a nuke power, but you got the point...)

If you guys use Facebook, simply use www.facebook.com/victorsqr to reach me!
    Again, thank you guys!

~O)

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Victor: Added you on FB... :)
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • Hi Victor, good to have another noob on board :D , Gideros is simple and fast to pick up you should love it. (Sent a FB request also)

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • totebototebo Member
    edited December 2015
    Welcome! :)
    My Gideros games: www.totebo.com
  • john26john26 Maintainer
    edited January 2016
    Hi Victor, welcome to the forum. Yes, I'm familiar with Unity as well and it's great for 3D. Gideros is better for 2D though in my opinion. Simpler cleaner and runs faster especially on low spec hardware. It's also easier to version control as the entire Gideros project is text files, while Unity auto generates endless binary files which can confuse Git etc. And being free and open source means no messing with license servers etc.

BTW I prefer Emacs to Vim... :-)