Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Sorry to say what the hell happened to the export process — Gideros Forum

Sorry to say what the hell happened to the export process

XmanXman Member
edited July 2016 in General questions
As an early user start using gideros from its beta release.Very happy with its simplicity and fast developing work flow.
Also after it became open source,more and more features are added to this engine,it's amazing.
We all hope it becomes more powerful and easy to use.
However,some aspects are in the opposite way.
Take the export process for an example,for the same simple project,the time taken by the exporting process from about ten seconds in the very early release to about 60 seconds in this last release. Even worse,during this long time nothing else can do on the mac.

In my opinion,sometimes,ease to use is more important than more features for attracting users.

Comments

• XmanXman Member
    Maybe simply delayed one ms to start the process or spawn a new work thread to run the process will not prevent the open directory dialog from disappear.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Export time has become very long for iOS/ATV, is this were you see it ? The reason behind the longer process is bitcode, in which replacement patterns are bit aligned, no longer byte aligned. Gideros exporter now needs to scan files bitwise, which is very long: many bit shifts before compare.
  • XmanXman Member
    edited July 2016
    Ok,thanks for the explanation.that's reasonable.
    Would you please make the screen is not covered during export.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @Xman, I reckon we'll have to work on both the studio and the export system for next release. My idea is to show a progress log of the export process instead of freezed UI.

@ar2rsawseen began converting some plugins to the .xml based scheme, which will allow automatic integration during export.

We shall also make app icon generation work for all targets.
  • XmanXman Member
    That's perfect,Thanks!
  • antixantix Member
    @hgy29 it's a bit odd in Windows too but it works which is the main thing :)
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    Yes, bit code will be the replacement on iOS completely for Arm eventually - so nothing can be done about the time the export process takes. Bit code will be used or OSX soon too I think now that Apple know it works.

Maybe some kind of bar that shows the stage in the export process would be possible?
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @Xman, now it is done, I just finished adding an export progress dialog in gideros studio. It should solve both the freeze issue (on Win and Mac) and give a feedback on the export progress.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • XmanXman Member
    @hgy29
    Great,thanks!