Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Android leaderboards — Gideros Forum

Android leaderboards

billydbbillydb Member
edited July 2016 in General questions
Can anyone give me some tips on setting up leaderboards for android?
I have 36 leaderboards, one for each level and best guess is I need to list all the id strings from google developer console in a table and then load / submit scores to those leaderboards based on the strings position in the table relative to the level number? Or is there an easier way?

Also The play services plugin is a couple of years old now, is it still good?

Thanks

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• antixantix Member
    Great questions. I just started looking at these two same things today. Is there any clear tutorial for using Google play services in a game?
  • piepie Member
    I used google play services plugin, but unfortunately most of its features are outdated.
    Leaderboards still work though :)

The best option to manage leaderboards at this time seems to be gaming interface plugin, which use the same code for many service providers (like ads does)

• I am using google play services also. Leaderboard and achievements are still working. You can use gaming interface.
  • Thanks, i'll try the gaming plugin :)
  • antixantix Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm having no luck with this. I think this aspect of Gideros needs a very big tidy-up. Is there some clear easy to use example on how to use this stuff? Can you test from the windows player or android player? does it all have to be fiddled with in Android Studio and then run on the device?

I found the following..
    http://giderosmobile.com/labs/google-play-services

And went to the forum thread..
    http://giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/3216/android-google-gamecenter-support/p1

Where on the last page (last updated 2014??) found a link to this..
    http://giderosmobile.com/labfiles/GiderosGooglePlay.zip

Which tells me that it is only available to premium members.

Come on. Do we expect people to adopt Gideros when this basic stuff isn't present and ready to use easily? I mean adding new fancy features is all very nice but getting the basics right should be a priority.

So, how does one go about implementing this stuff and testing it? Can somebody point me to a tutorial or forum thread please? Thanks.

• piepie Member
    edited July 2016
    @antix ahah you're right but it still a transitional phase: consider that hopefully plugins will be added directly from export menu, fixing this things right now is a waste of time :)
    All latest plugins are stored in gideros install folder/All Plugins.

If you want to test google play services you need to go in All Plugins/googleplay/
    There you can find installation instructions for Eclipse, ios and a reference.
    I never used android studio so I can't be of help here. :) But I suppose that once you understand where to put what, it is almost the same for any plugin.
    If you already use admob ads you probably already have installed google play services lib.

[edit: forgot to answer to your first question:
    You have to test it on device with a custom player: setting all the things and IDs in your eclipse/android studio project following google instructions].

• antixantix Member
    edited July 2016
    @pie, thanks :)

Hrmm, I don't have Eclipse, I'm using Android Studio. I haven't used any plugins before, they are a mystery to me.

Kind of frustrating getting to the point of adding this stuff and finding the support lacking. I look forward to the day that all that rubbish is handled by the Gideros Studio exporter.

Can we get some examples/documentation for Android Studio? Google recommend developers use that over Eclipse so that kind of documentation should actually exist somewhere :)

Optionally just whack something in this thread and I'll write something on the subject.
  • antixantix Member
    @pie, thanks, but no, I'm just finding it more and more confusing. Hopefully somebody who knows how to get this to work with Android Studio will reply soon.