Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Android studio google play services - Page 3 — Gideros Forum

Android studio google play services

13»

Comments

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    The full story: assets only ought to mean 'only lua, bitmaps and other files in your project, but not gideros parts nor plugins', but due to encryption at least one gideros lib is copied too: libgideros.so.
    Unluckily, lua lib has changed too in 2016.6, and newest libgideros.so depends on it. It would probably be OK if you manually copy 2016.6 liblua.so from Android template in gideros installation folder, but generally speaking using a newer version of gideros requires are full export the first time.
    And this is why manual integration of plugins is tedious, because you currently have to do it again after each full export :(

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • antixantix Member
    @hgy29 well I have the latest Gideros installed and the gaming plugin is now working with my game. Thanks!!

I changed the calls to setSteps() and setStepsImmediate() with increment() and incrementImmediate() which is what my game requires.

So while this all works now the plugin seems to be missing the ability to reveal a hidden achievement. That would be something nice to have access to in future :)

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    We can add revealAchievement call, I'll do it. But regarding setSteps vs increase, I am not sure what is the correct behaviour. We probably need both. Others: any thought ?

• antixantix Member
    @hgy29, awesome! With regards to setSteps() and incremenet(), both are required for a full feature set. I suppose there are times where setSteps() would be required but I can't think of any right now.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Ok, so I've added a revealAchievement call and an incrementAchievement call, both supported for google play services only. To simplify coding, reportAchievement 'numSteps' parameter will:
    - set current steps toward achievement when positive
    - unlock the achievement when 0
    - increment the achievement by (-numSteps) when negative.

incrementAchievement(steps) will do the same as calling reportAchievement(-steps), and should be used instead for incrementing.

Anything else ? :P

• SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    Will these only be added to the Android version of play services or to the iOS version too?
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    iOS too as much as possible

• antixantix Member
    @hgy29 I think that's pretty complete then :)
  • antixantix Member
    @hgy29, any idea when the next improvements will be available? I have discovered that while my incremental achievements are working now, my non incremental ones are not working.

I suppose in the meantime I can change some code and make it into an incremental one.
  • antixantix Member
    Damn, so you can't actually delete an achievement once it's created :(
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @antix, we are aiming at doing a fix release before the end of the month, but we'd like to fix an issue with newest QT that makes some users unable to launch Gideros Player. We've narrowed the issue down to an OpenGL problem, probably related to this: https://blog.qt.io/blog/2014/11/27/qt-weekly-21-dynamic-opengl-implementation-loading-in-qt-5-4/
    John, who has a computer exhibiting the crash, shall test a possible fix.
  • antixantix Member
    edited July 2016
    @hgy29 okay I suppose I'm waiting till the end of the month then :(( :(( :((
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Meanwhile I can send you an unofficial version of the gaming plugin maybe ?
  • antixantix Member
    Sounds good to me
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Here it is, I hope it works well enough for you!
    zip
    zip
    gaming.zip
  • antixantix Member
    @hgy29 awesome. I look forward to testing it out in the morning ;)
  • antixantix Member
    @hgy29, it works! I managed to unlock the achievement this morning, thanks so much! :)

I have attached a version of the gaming plugin that uses the folder structure of an Android Studio project. It has some modified java files that comment out the appstate stuff which doesn't work with the newest versions on Google Play Services. It does not contain the heyzap and gamecircle java files though.
    zip
    zip
    app.zip

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Good news!

I didn't want to comment out appstate stuff without understanding what it was about. Is there a replacement in newest google play services ?
  • antixantix Member
    @hgy29 I don't know if there is a replacement (maybe the snapshot api) but I know play services 9.2.x won't work with the helper stuff still included.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Can't we just stick to some older version (say 7.8.0 for exemple) until we know more ?
  • antixantix Member
    @hgy29 yep for sure. I'm forging ahead and using the latest version though :)