Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Decision - Tiled or LevelHelper — Gideros Forum

Decision - Tiled or LevelHelper

Tom2012Tom2012 Guru
edited November 2012 in General questions
I'm starting a new game that uses large mario style levels.

Can anyone please let me know which works most efficiently with Gideros - LevelHelper or Tiled and the tilemap class?

Both seem to do a similar thing and both require a level of study before using. So any advice is very much appreciated.

Comments

• MellsMells Guru
    edited November 2012
    Both solutions have been praised.
    I believe LevelHelper is a solution that is more specialized (and not free but it's worth it) and supports more features.

The developer is working on Gideros support (I'm the one who pushed him to get interested in Gideros in the first place, and he said he loved what team Gideros has been providing), but it seems that he encountered a few showstoppers in the last weeks, which happens coincidently when team Gideros was taking some holidays.
    We should see more news coming soon so I would suggest that you wait a little, if time is not a constraint.
    twitter@TheWindApps Artful applications : The Wind Forest. #art #japan #apps
  • Hi Mells

Thanks for that. I like the look of LevelHelper and bought it a while ago (although never got down to learning it...)

Just spoke to the creator and apparently it's only a couple of weeks to the Gideros support so not too far off.