Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
best practice: to scale or not to scale (a homogeneous rectangle)? — Gideros Forum

best practice: to scale or not to scale (a homogeneous rectangle)?

keszeghkeszegh Member
edited May 2013 in General questions
i was wondering that currently in my app i have some big one-color rectangular shapes made with lineto etc. which i use e.g. as backgrounds for specific parts of the screen and i realized that maybe for such a thing this is not so efficient. would it be better to make a small (1x1 pixel?) shape and scale it, so that i don't consume much memory? or should i load a 1x1 pixel bitmap of the needed color and show that or perhaps should i make a color-mesh (with no texture)?
which is most memory efficient (normal memory/graphics memory) and which is fastest? is there much difference?

i note that my stage does not use scaling and currently i generate the rectangle(s) respective to the actual size of the screen, so they can be actually pretty big, although i don't have many naturally, together they fill the screen let's say.

Comments