Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2) — Gideros Forum

Error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)

SeebalSeebal Member
edited June 2013 in General questions
When I am trying to export my project from eclipse to my android phone, I get this error. My app works fine in Gideros Player but not the android SDK. Any idea what can cause this error, and how I can fix it?

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Hello @Seebal
    Have you modified the exported Gideros project in the eclipse?
    This error seems to be lots of things, from misconfigured manifest to missing some part of crucial code in Activity
  • SeebalSeebal Member
    I did not modify the project at all. I simply exported the project and ran the app and got this error message in logcat. I tried adding more permissions to see if that would help, but nothing changed.

I still have the print method in lua.. could this be causing the error?
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    @Seebal no it should not be a problem.

Does it happen with any project, or one specific?

Can you share the exported project, here in the forum or send it to me to: ar2rsawseen at giderosmobile.com
  • SeebalSeebal Member
    hmmm.... I sent you the exported project but after thinking about it for a while, I think the issue might be the amount of memory I use and the texture dimensions of my images.

After using this code:

print(application:getTextureMemoryUsage())

I discovered my app uses over 500 mb in texture memory although the entire project size is no larger than 15 mb. Most of the images I use in the background, however, are very large (most are over 2500x2500.) These images are 20 kb each but for some reason they take much more memory. If I scale down the images to 500x500, but still keep the same filesize (20kb), my texture memory usage drops dramatically, to well below 100mb. I'm thinking about resizing all my images to less than 1024x1024 and joining them together. This seems to bring down my texture memory usage a lot for some reason, although its inconvenient. It doesn't seem to fix the problem though, as I brought the memory down below 100mb but still wouldn't work on my andriod (htc one, quad core, 2gb memory).

Anyways, any ideas about the error or why the same filesize but different dimensions would cause much a large memory difference? Thanks for your help so far!
  • hgvyas123hgvyas123 Guru
    edited June 2013
    @seebal

watch this video
    http://www.codeandweb.com/what-is-a-sprite-sheet

basically filesize or disk size has nothing to do with the texturememory it depends upon the width and height of your file

your solution to keep images under 1024x1024 is really perfect

:)