Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Gideros Unite experiences — Gideros Forum

Gideros Unite experiences

totebototebo Member
edited May 2014 in General questions
Hi guys,

Since the release in 2012(?), how has Unite worked for everyone? I'm toying with the idea of a local (WiFi or Bluetooth) game. Is Unite the best option?

Cheers,

Niclas
My Gideros games: www.totebo.com

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Hello @totebo
    I firstly developed Unite as a home work in university back in 2012 :)
    Now I actually recently got back to it, when I needed a quick demo/prototype of a real time online game played together near with each other and it worked as expected without any changing anything in the framework.

Although looking through the code I see some places where I could optimize or put checks in, just to be sure. :)

Unfortunately I have not published any game with it yet, but I intend to, hopefully in summer, some small game just to check if it has any flaws.
  • tkhnomantkhnoman Member
    edited May 2014
    I did publish a game using Gideros Unite.
    There are few things that need considered to be put in.
    For example checking whether user is disconnected on room.

Also, i experience that even with TCP connection, the data sometime won't be received, so you need to create something like TCP. (Like, when user received a data, it tells back to the sender that it receive, and the sender are waiting for it, and send it again after some time if it didn't got any response)

But my apologies, i can't share the code here, since i'm using my own weird functions to handle them.
  • totebototebo Member
    Thanks guys. Would love to use Unite in a "proper" project. I think the concept of local multiplayer has a lot of potential. Once I get going you may have to get back to the project ar2, because I will flood this forum with questions and experiences.

:)

Niclas
    My Gideros games: www.totebo.com