Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
HTML5 Showcase / Alpha discussion - Page 5 — Gideros Forum

HTML5 Showcase / Alpha discussion

1235»

Comments

• Hi @SinisterSoft

Thank you for the tip, Ill give this a go :)
  • NinjadoodleNinjadoodle Member
    edited March 2016
    Hi @hgy29

I've found an issue/bug with the current HTML5 template.

If you are using @2x assets, but load your game in a small browser window, so that it only loads @1x assets - when you maximise the browser window and goto another scene loading a new sprite sheet, all you get is misplaced images on screen (instead of the actual level).

Hope I explained it well enough :)

I also can't seem to get sound to work on iOS Safari. Ive tried on MouseDown / MouseUp etc. but nothing works.

On the upside - I've been testing my game a little more and I am now getting it to work quite nicely on and iPhone 5s (apart from the sound issue) - I've cut out the @4x resources for the html5 version ,and the game seems to work much better.

I really want to use Gideros to port my game to HTML5 and it looks really promising now.

Thank you for your help!

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @Ninjadoodle,

Would you mind writing a small test case project for me ? I'll then have a look at what happens.

For sound on iOS/Safari, do you get errors in safari console ? You can get iOS safari console log by enabling "Web inspector" in iOS safari settings. Then connect your iOS device to your MAC and you can get iOS safari logs from OSX Safari.
  • Hi @hgy29

Thank you for looking into this :) I thought the best way to show you is to pm you a link to my project.

I will have a play around with the Safari web inspector to see what I can find.

Let me know if the project works for you.

Thanks heaps again!
  • Just tried the Safari web inspector and I can't find any errors relevant to sound.

these are the errors that pop up ...

[Error] Deprecated attempt to access property 'URL' on a non-WebSocket object.
    b
    x
    (anonymous function)
    (anonymous function)
    [Error] Deprecated attempt to access property 'url' on a non-WebSocket object.
    b
    x
    (anonymous function)
    (anonymous function)
    [Error] Deprecated attempt to access property 'readyState' on a non-WebSocket object.
    b
    x
    (anonymous function)
    (anonymous function)
    [Error] Deprecated attempt to access property 'bufferedAmount' on a non-WebSocket object.
    b
    x
    (anonymous function)
    (anonymous function)
    [Error] Deprecated attempt to access property 'onopen' on a non-WebSocket object.
    b
    x
    (anonymous function)
    (anonymous function)
    [Error] Deprecated attempt to access property 'onmessage' on a non-WebSocket object.
    b
    x
    (anonymous function)
    (anonymous function)
    [Error] Deprecated attempt to access property 'onerror' on a non-WebSocket object.
    b
    x
    (anonymous function)
    (anonymous function)
    [Error] Deprecated attempt to access property 'onclose' on a non-WebSocket object.
    b
    x
    (anonymous function)
    (anonymous function)
    [Error] Deprecated attempt to access property 'protocol' on a non-WebSocket object.
    b
    x
    (anonymous function)
    (anonymous function)
    [Error] Deprecated attempt to access property 'extensions' on a non-WebSocket object.
    b
    x
    (anonymous function)
    (anonymous function)
    [Error] Deprecated attempt to access property 'binaryType' on a non-WebSocket object.
    b
    x
    (anonymous function)
    (anonymous function)