Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
A bit of a dilemma - what would you do? — Gideros Forum

A bit of a dilemma - what would you do?

NinjadoodleNinjadoodle Member
edited March 2016 in General questions
Hi guys

I'm currently using Gideros for a long running project I have planned. I obviously want to release to iOS and Android, but HTML5 is also very important to me and my goal is to have a website with cross platform games (my own) available to play anywhere.

I've been following the Gideros HTML5 progress and its coming along quite nicely. The problem I have is, that I started developing my HTML5 port using Construct 2, and currently - the performance on mobile phones is quite a lot better.

I'm now caught between a rock and a hard place, as one of my big goals is to provide an awesome website experience on any device.

Using Construct 2 however means adding an extra 30-40% to my development time for performance gains which might be completely insignificant within a couple of years, with the arrival of new devices / technology. It also means changing my workflow a little bit as some things (like creating containers of objects, which you can scale or tween) don't really work in Construct 2.

As we know, time is precious and especially now - since I have a 9 week old baby boy. I can't however help to think, that in this case, the extra work and frustration might be worth it.

On the other hand Gideros is absolutely awesome and it would be brilliant having one codebase.

Should I just use Gideros for the HTML5 port and wait for devices to get faster, or spend the extra time using Construct 2 for the current performance gains on mobile.

Thank you heaps for reading my rant :)

PS. On Desktop browsers, HTML5 exports using both Gideros and Construct 2, perform very well.

Comments