Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Which Android Tablet? — Gideros Forum

Which Android Tablet?

antixantix Member
edited April 2016 in General questions
Hey all. If you were going out to purchase a new Android tablet tomorrow, which one would you be buying and why?

Comments

• piepie Member
    I bought one (tab S 10") for testing purposes last year, and I found out that tablets are "useless" in real life if you already own a laptop and a smartphone :)

My advice is to go for a top gamma when you see a good promotion: many tablets are no more than "streched smartphones" which won't add anything to your experience.
  • antixantix Member
    I agree about tablets but I still prefer to have a tablet in bed than a laptop or a tiny phone that I can't read the text on. I also need a tablet for dev purposes too :)

Whats a gamma?
  • i find some chinese dual os wacom pen enabled tablets very interesting, i don't know how trustable they are though. i read about them usually on techtablets.com and they are tempting.
  • I have been using Samsung Galaxy Tab S for almost 1.5 years and still it is in good condition. So i strongly suggest to buy Samsung.
    Now there is Galaxy tab s2 goes out already. Of course let's not forget that there is no way to catch the up to date technology. You will buy the latest one and magic happens, max 2 month later something new will go out :D
    As i said i am really happy with Samsung Tab S and because of S2 out the prices lowered drastically. But of course if you have the budget buy the latest one.

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • antixantix Member
    Thanks all. Currently I'm leaning towards a Nexus 9 which seems to have quite all round performance, and a nice GPU. I looked at the Pixel-C but it's really too expensive (twice the price of a Nexus9 here in New Zealand).

While Samsung make some good stuff, I had a negative after-sales customer experience with Samsung once and won't buy any more of their products.
  • piepie Member
    Gamma stands for "array" or "selection" in my country, sorry :D
    The only downside I see in nexus9 is the lack of a microsd slot - but I suppose you can live without it (I can't :) )
  • antixantix Member
    @pie, thanks :)

Yeah I would just get the 32GB model as I don't carry around a load of big files on my tablet.
  • antixantix Member
    Whilst trawling the net for information about Nexus9 performance I came across an article about a 25% discount on the PixelC. With the discount it ended up being about $50 more than the Nexus9 so I brought one.

If anyone is in the market for a PixelC then that offer is open until July :)

https://pixel.google.com/developer-discount/