Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Bug Hunting — Gideros Forum

Bug Hunting

antixantix Member
edited June 2016 in General questions
I am working on a project and want to allow other people to download and try it out. So the program works fine in the windows player. The program works fine also in the Android player. When I export it as an APK and install it on my device, I just get the "Unfortunately, ARogue has stopped."

I'm wondering why this happens when it works fine in the player on the same device.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Accepted Answer
    You should be able to run it on device through eclipse or android studio which would provide a log of what is happening.

In most cases the difference is in file names. Gideros player is case insensitive, but since on Android files are served apk and not file system, they are case sensitive.

So for example you have file like image.PNG

but you use it in Gideros as image.png

it will work in player but not as exported Android apk
  • antixantix Member
    edited June 2016
    @ar2rsawseen, thanks, I will check the filenames in the morning. I really hope it's that simple. I don't fancy trying to faff about with Android Studio either since I am just enjoying exporting my APK files directly from Gideros Studio.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • antixantix Member
    I am now starting a new project and introducing my code from the broken project piece by piece. It's slow going but I'm sure at some stage I will find the offending code or file.

In the meantime, every time I export and import into Android Studio I get a message "The project is using an old version of the gradle plugin". Is there any way to get Gideros to export the latest one with the project?
  • antixantix Member
    After checking for case strangeness and finding nothing I decided to rebuild the project from scratch. It took a while but I found some crusty old class in the code that was causing the issue. Let this be a lesson to all.. don't ever just copy and paste a project and then rename it. You might just end-up with a huge headache :D

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook