Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Polycode like visual editor? — Gideros Forum

Polycode like visual editor?

icworxicworx Member
edited June 2016 in General questions
Being using Gideros for a while, with existing Love2D/Polycode experience, I can now reuse some libs from Love2D by rewriting. Personally I found Gideros is easier to work with, although I miss the TTF rendering from Love2D and Visual Editor from Polycode.

I'm trying to tell friends about Gideros, however most of them are influenced by GameMaker/Godot, and prefer a visual environment. If a visual editor available to Gideros, it should help a lot(currently I'm using Tiled, however I mean a Polycode like built in editor for new users). Maybe I can try to make one from scratch.

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• antixantix Member
    edited June 2016
    Yes! Love2D has some fantastic libraries that can also be used in Gideros with a little work :)

I'm amazed that I haven't come across PolyCode. I'm going to give it a whirl soon.
  • antixantix Member
    edited June 2016
    Gave it a try and it's interesting. I think you could most likely create a Gideros script that loaded projects from Polycode, they are just XML files after all. The script files are all Lua so the different calls could be remapped fairly easily. It would take some time and effort to get a loader working but it would possibly be easier than attempting to create a Polycode clone of your own.

If I wasn't already busy with something I'd most likely attempt to write one myself.