Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Google Play Services on Eclipse — Gideros Forum

Google Play Services on Eclipse

totebototebo Member
edited August 2016 in General questions
When adding Google Play Services to support highscores I've updated Eclipse with the latest (v7.0) API and Google Play Services. Google's docs on this page says:

"Copy the library project at /extras/google/google_play_services/libproject/google-play-services_lib/ to the location where you maintain your Android app projects."

But there appears to be no code in the "google-play-services_lib" folder. In my previous games there has been, so I copied the code from one of those projects, but this doesn't work (Eclipse doesn't recognize the copied folder as a project file).

Can anyone who recently have added Google Play Services (or just high scores) to their Google Play game shed any light on this?

My Gideros games: www.totebo.com

Comments

• SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    edited August 2016
    The latest version doesn't have them.

Google Play Services 29 has them. But it doesn't work with the latest gaming lib, you need to use Google Play Services 26 as that works correctly with the lib.

The latest play services has automatic login, so the sooner the gaming lib is updated, the better.

Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Switch to Android Studio ;)

It will be great when we don't have to bother with this junk anymore. How is that all coming along?
  • Does the gaming plugin work with the latest play services when using Android Studio?
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • @sinistersoft, okay that explains it.

@antix, did you do a writeup on how to integrate with Android Studio? It might be a good idea to do the switch now, since I have a clean project to export for once.
  • @totebo Since automated plugin integration is coming very soon (that's correct right @hgy29?) I didn't see any point in writing anything :(
  • So I made a real quick article which covers integrating Gaming and Iab plugins into an Android Studio. Hope it helps ;)
    zip
    zip
    gaming + iab.zip
  • Wonderful! Have started the move, and so far Android Studio feels more modern and less clunky. Promising. Thanks so much for writing this up, will let you know how I go.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    automated plugin integration is coming very soon (that's correct right @hgy29?)
    Yes that's correct, maybe with a few bugs for the first release, but very soon indeed :)

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Another question to the floor: In Eclipse I could just remove the assets folder to build a Gideros Player. When I try that in Android Studio all hell breaks loose.

How would I build a player, which includes the plugins I need, so I can test without having to compile a new build every time in Android Studio?
  • simwhisimwhi Member
    edited August 2016
    @totebo This has always worked fine for me. I just delete the assets sub folder and rebuild etc.
  • totebototebo Member
    edited August 2016
    @simwhi, when I do that I get rewarded by this message before the game starts (the game compiles just fine when the assets subfolder is there):
    08-16 11:36:47.361 15292-15292/com.ismkomix.hypertygerscricket E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    	 Process: com.ismkomix.hypertygerscricket, PID: 15292
    	 java.lang.IllegalStateException: A fatal developer error has occurred. Check the logs for further information.
    		 at com.google.android.gms.common.internal.zzd$zza.zzc(Unknown Source)
    		 at com.google.android.gms.common.internal.zzd$zza.zzx(Unknown Source)
    		 at com.google.android.gms.common.internal.zzd$zze.zzasb(Unknown Source)
    		 at com.google.android.gms.common.internal.zzd$zzd.handleMessage(Unknown Source)
    		 at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
    		 at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)
    		 at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5417)
    		 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    		 at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:726)
    		 at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:616)
    08-16 11:36:58.209 15292-15360/com.ismkomix.hypertygerscricket E/Surface: queueBuffer: error queuing buffer to SurfaceTexture, -19

08-16 12:31:24.521 18141-18141/com.ismkomix.hypertygerscricket E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    	 Process: com.ismkomix.hypertygerscricket, PID: 18141
    	 java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.ismkomix.hypertygerscricket/com.giderosmobile.android.HyperTygersCricketActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to get length of null array
    		 at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2416)
    		 at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2476)
    		 at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap11(ActivityThread.java)
    		 at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1344)
    		 at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:726)
    	  Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to get length of null array
    		 at com.giderosmobile.android.player.GiderosApplication.traverse(GiderosApplication.java:432)
    		 at com.giderosmobile.android.player.GiderosApplication.loadProjects(GiderosApplication.java:399)
    		 at com.giderosmobile.android.player.GiderosApplication.populateAllFiles(GiderosApplication.java:257)
    		 at com.giderosmobile.android.player.GiderosApplication.<init>(GiderosApplication.java:139)
    		 at com.giderosmobile.android.player.GiderosApplication.onCreate(GiderosApplication.java:446)
    		 at com.giderosmobile.android.HyperTygersCricketActivity.onCreate(HyperTygersCricketActivity.java:65)
    		 at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:6251)
    		 at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1107)
    		 at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2369)
    		 at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2476) 
    		 at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap11(ActivityThread.java) 
    		 at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1344)