Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Build a Gideros Player with plugins in Android Studio — Gideros Forum

Build a Gideros Player with plugins in Android Studio

totebototebo Member
edited August 2016 in General questions
This deserves a separate post I reckon, since building a player is pretty much required in my book:

In Eclipse I could just remove the assets folder to build a Gideros Player. When I try that in Android Studio all hell breaks loose.

How would I build a player, which includes the plugins I need, so I can test without having to compile a new build every time in Android Studio?
My Gideros games: www.totebo.com

Comments

• It should be a matter of just deleting the assets folder - maybe there is a sub folder called assets? Delete that instead...
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • I've tried both scenarios with a massive build error in both cases. Will tinker with it to see if I can fix it somehow. Maybe it's some setting in Android Studio.
  • simwhisimwhi Member
    edited August 2016
    @totebo Which version of Android Studio are you using? I always do a rebuild before I create a debug or release version.
  • Or a "clean" :D
  • @simwhi, I use Android Studio 2.1.3. To test this I exported a completely empty project from Gideros, removed the assets folder in AS and ran it again. It worked! Which is bad news for me, because I'd like to have the Google Play plugin cake and eat it too.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @totebo, try to just remove the properties.bin file, it may be enough!
  • Thanks 2hgy29, I removed the "properties.bin.jet" file but the same error as before kicked in when the app starts up. It's interesting that the app compiles just fine, the nullpointer error happens after it has been installed on device and is about to start.

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    ah, sorry wrong file! On android it seems to be 'allfiles.txt' which is checked, delete that one instead
  • I exported the entire project again and deleted "allfiles.txt".

Compiling... installing... drumroll...

Same issue. Dang! Error below.
    08-17 10:17:45.137 22317-22317/com.ismkomix.hypertygerscricket E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
     Process: com.ismkomix.hypertygerscricket, PID: 22317
     java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.ismkomix.hypertygerscricket/com.giderosmobile.android.HyperTygersCricketActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to get length of null array
    	 at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2416)
    	 at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2476)
    	 at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap11(ActivityThread.java)
    	 at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1344)
    	 at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
    	 at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)
    	 at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5417)
    	 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    	 at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:726)
    	 at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:616)
      Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to get length of null array
    	 at com.giderosmobile.android.player.GiderosApplication.traverse(GiderosApplication.java:432)
    	 at com.giderosmobile.android.player.GiderosApplication.loadProjects(GiderosApplication.java:399)
    	 at com.giderosmobile.android.player.GiderosApplication.populateAllFiles(GiderosApplication.java:257)
    	 at com.giderosmobile.android.player.GiderosApplication.<init>(GiderosApplication.java:139)
    	 at com.giderosmobile.android.player.GiderosApplication.onCreate(GiderosApplication.java:446)
    	 at com.giderosmobile.android.HyperTygersCricketActivity.onCreate(HyperTygersCricketActivity.java:70)
    	 at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:6251)
    	 at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1107)
    	 at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2369)
    	 at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2476) 
    	 at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap11(ActivityThread.java) 
    	 at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1344) 
    	 at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102) 
    	 at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148) 
    	 at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5417) 
    	 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) 
    	 at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:726) 
    	 at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:616) 
  • So should work in the new version (which my spider sense is telling me is imminent)?