Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Issue with saving settings on Mac OSX Lion — Gideros Forum

Issue with saving settings on Mac OSX Lion

TeranthTeranth Member
edited June 2012 in Bugs and issues
Guys I am not sure if this has been reported or not, I haven't seen it mentioned, but I am currently running into a problem on my mac--Window's version of Gideros don't seem to have the issue.

No matter how many times I try and set the IP address of the Gideros Player--so I can test on my phone--the setting is not saved as soon as I leave the player configuration window. It seems like it's a problem with Gideros saving settings on the mac altogether though. Since my resent projects menu is always blank on starting the program--and will only show the project that is currently open at the moment if it shows anything.

Anyway I was wondering if you guys have ran into that problem before or if it's just something up with my OS version?

I can use it to test in the Gideros Player on the same machine, but I can't point it at my phone for testing etc. Anyway let me know what you guys think :)
ThumbHurt Games / FB: ThumbHurt Games / FB: Eli/Teranth | Skype: teranth37

Comments

• evsevs Member
    @Teranth I am running Lion 10.7.4 and both the ip address and recent files menu work fine.

I can only assume it's a Mac permissions problem, I always run as admin.

cheers

evs

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Evs, seems you are completely right there I was able to get the settings to stick if I run the whole thing through sudo. Thanks I had wondered about permissions being the issue but it didn't work when I had just granted the files the permissions seems I had to run the application with root to get it to work--wish I didn't have to run it as root, but I will deal as long as it works :)

If you don't mind my asking how do you have yours setup to run as admin? Are you just using a terminal command or you have some fancy Apple Script or something? :)
  • evsevs Member
    @Teranth I just created my account as an administrator in System Preferences -> Users and Groups

cheers

evs
  • Very weird, I seem to have to run it via sudo but my account has always been an Administrator as you mentioned. Hmm I will check into things a bit more, thanks for you help as always Evs :)