Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Gideros (andorid) speed! — Gideros Forum

Gideros (andorid) speed!

GregBUGGregBUG Guru
edited December 2011 in User experience
Hello everyone

I want to share with you my experience (positive) with Gideros

these days I had an extensive testing in Gideros comparing it with other SDK (Coro*a and Mon*ey)

well ... here are my (personal) impressions ...

Coro*a VS Gideros ... Gideros is far better ... (speed of executables and other fronts ...)

Mon*ey VS Coro*a ...

Monkey is faster...

- I converted in Mon*ey a few Gideros examples such as "Jumping Balls" but with 500 balls ...
Gideros on my Galaxy S works fine
but on a Samsung S5570 and Samsung S5660 runs at 5-6 FPS
while in Mon*ey the same code (on Samsung S5570 and Samsung S5660) run at 20-30 FPS

Gideros produces an executable nearly 5Mb .... monkey 250Kb ... :(

and here Mon*ey wins ...

after that not satisfied I had converted the examples of physics .... and here Gideros win with incomparable results (on my Galaxy S runs perfectly)
the same code converted in Mon*ey (using box2d) run at 2-3FPS on My Galaxy S!!

GIDEROS GREAT!

what I lack in Gideros is a support to sprite collisions and a particle system... (directly in gideros-sdk that i think is written using NDK)

I tried to make a sprite collision system and a particle system, but is very slow ....

from what I saw when it writes a lot of code in LUA (without using built-in functions gideros) the speed of gideros drop down!!!!

Gideros-SDK is very fast but the language "LUA" is terrible! (or the lua VM used in Gideros is slow!)

What do you think?

PS: I remain, however, the idea that Gideros SDK is one of the best around ... if only you could fix these little things ... :)

now remains for me to convert my old game and test (seriously)
The overall speed of Gideros ...
I hope you improve more and more Gideros ... (LUA and speed)

also because as soon as possible I would like to purchase a license .... :)

PS: sorry for my bad english! (i used google translator)

TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
www.tntengine.com
+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments