I have a peculiar problem, wonder if anyone has an idea.
My scrolling background game works fine on the simulartor and on a Samsung Notes. I published it on Google Play and Amazon. Someone I know with a Motorola Razor downloaded it and installed, but when launching the game the scrolling background does not display, everything else does (the hero, scores, etc.
- The game is just under 24Mb, is that too large?
- Could it be a memory issue?
- I don't think it's an Android issue as the Motorola has Android 4.x
- If it's a memory issue, what can I do to make the game smaller? The reason I ask about the memory is that the scrolling background would be the largest piece of graphics of the game.
- All graphics are .png with 72 dpi
Depending on the hardware some phones can only play up to 1024x1024 big graphic files.
Do you have such graphics in your game?
That sounds definitely the problem, so it won't work on many older phones, I'll see how I can revise them to smaller size, may be make them smaller and have them automatically scaled up?
Here are the url's in any case: