Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Air Soccer World Cup 2014 — Gideros Forum

Air Soccer World Cup 2014

My new game Air Soccer World Cup 2014 is available on Google Play. It is a mix of air hockey and soccer, choose your soccer national team and play a match against computer. Next tournament and two players on same device for large screens will be added as game modes.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=es.jdbc.airsoccer_wc

I use box2d physics engine and mousejoints to move both paddles, and I think the computer difficulty level is normal.
Feedbacks are welcome.

Comments

• ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    wow, your AI is surely over my skill
    Are you sure it is normal? :D Maybe need more different difficulty levels?

But ok ok, at least it is challenging and interesting to try to beat it

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • jdbcjdbc Member
    edited June 2014
    I am working on Tournament mode when you have to win 7 matches in a row.

There will be more difficulty levels here, from 1st match to final match. I was using a defense / attack intelligence artificial model based on the ball's position and use mouse joint to change the paddle's position: depending the speed when paddle changes its position, it becomes more difficult or less.
  • jdbcjdbc Member
    Germany scores 7 goals to Brazil. It seems they are playing my game.
  • The more you lose, the less mobile you become!
    Is that an intentional feature?

Also, I second what @Ar2rsawseen said above: the opponents are WAY too gnarly for me!

I won't delete it though! I like it. I'm waiting for an update.

Maybe the ball speed could be just a liiiittle bit slower at first so it only ricochets two or three times before slowing to a manageable speed (perhaps by reducing the density of the ball so it is more affected by air resistance, like the beachball in that rolling game someone made a while ago, then gradually raising it as the player improves). What do you think?

Air Soccey!
    Kate's Catalogue of Travelling Theatre Centres :
    Meet Kate. Grey is her favourite colour. Maths is her favourite subject. Decency is her favourite type of behaviour.
    She definitely does not like jewellery or modelling, but loves aeroplanes and other machines made of aluminium.
  • jdbcjdbc Member
    edited October 2014
    Can you explain me better "The more you lose, the less mobile you become", it is not a feature, you should have always the same mobile.

I will add a tournament mode with 7 matches (1st match, 2nd match,,.. semi-final and final) to win and different difficulty level

About ball speed may be I could reduce it to improve gameplay but I am not sure if I should do it.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • jdbcjdbc Member
    edited October 2014
    I have discovered what is "The more you lose, the less mobile you become", just a bug when you tap on computer field and try to move again.

I will submit an update today or tomorow to solve this problem with little speed of the ball. I will use the following code for the ball physics:
    local circle = b2.CircleShape.new(0, 0, self.radius)
        local fixture = body:createFixture{shape = circle, density = 2, friction = 0.5, restitution = 0.9}
    	body.fixture = fixture
    	body.type = "ball"
    	body.sprite = self

body:setBullet(true)
    	body:setLinearDamping(0.7)
    	body:setAngularDamping(0.6)
  • sorry so late.

ball speed fixed. perfect.
    restricted mobility unchanged unfortunately.

like an invisible spring anchors the player to the ground.
    virtually immobile.

usually happens about 15 seconds into the game.
    Meet Kate. Grey is her favourite colour. Maths is her favourite subject. Decency is her favourite type of behaviour.
    She definitely does not like jewellery or modelling, but loves aeroplanes and other machines made of aluminium.
  • Quite strange, I think is its a
    sorry so late.

ball speed fixed. perfect.
    restricted mobility unchanged unfortunately.

like an invisible spring anchors the player to the ground.
    virtually immobile.

usually happens about 15 seconds into the game.
    Thanks for feedback.

I think the problem is with iAd advertise, because it works in Gideros Player with no problem. I will test it more in iPhone emulator.
  • JDBC,

Mobility bug fixed! Congrats!

Next request:
    Personally, the game control would feel more responsive to me if the paddle would stick to my finger rather than drag behind it on a spring joint.
  • jdbcjdbc Member
    edited November 2014
    JDBC,

Mobility bug fixed! Congrats!

Next request:
    Personally, the game control would feel more responsive to me if the paddle would stick to my finger rather than drag behind it on a spring joint.
    Yes I fixed that mobility bug, it was a problem with two touches at once. Now you can use one touch to move and another to accelerate paddle(if you want)

I was thinking about improve control system in exactly that point.