Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Am very new; and am the monkey not the organ grinder code-wise... Addiply an intro — Gideros Forum

Am very new; and am the monkey not the organ grinder code-wise... Addiply an intro

Unknown Member
edited October 2014 in Introduce yourself
Hi All,

My name is Rick Waghorn; the CEO and co-founder of an app ad platform we have built in the UK.

Tiny, tiny start-up but my co-founder is the app developer; with FizzSoftware.

He wanted to gain greater reward for his app developer efforts and we spotted the $15.8bn market in location aware mobile ads by 2018.

Could local ads help here? If they were made to be contextual to your user... By their location... And by their location within your app.

You decide when to deliver the Message...

I am far more interested in getting a better sense of the challenges out there; whether the gaming community want just other games ads; would they take a non-interruptive interstitial off the local coffee shop... If I knew you were 100m away on

We have a demo vid I took to Ad:Tech (Tokyo) last autumn; right now the platform is still sat on our dev server..

Idea being that we split revenue 70:15:15.

Developer; ad reseller; Addiply. Simple, transparent etc.

Who better to ask than the game app developer community... Do local ads appeal?

Thank you for your time.

R

Comments

• MellsMells Guru
    edited October 2014
    Hi Rick, welcome.

What kind of validation did you get on the end user's side? My guess is that devs will *always* answer "if I can make more money, I'm in!".
    So if you ask devs and you get a "yes", you might mistake it with actual market validation.

The real question is : should you, or the app developers, invest resources to do the market research and see how user react and if it is profitable?

I think that if you want to sell your service, you should first provide proof that it's profitable.
    I have no doubt about it (if the product/user/context is the right fit) but getting devs early without a proven market won't bring much.

Good luck!

ps : how was Ad:tech? i couldn't attend that one.

twitter@TheWindApps Artful applications : The Wind Forest. #art #japan #apps
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook