Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
developing for meta quest in gideros lua — Gideros Forum

developing for meta quest in gideros lua

Hi I recently got a used meta quest and I was wondering how would it be to try building something there: is there some working example to start from and test it out?
Is it somehow already "supported" or the export options are experimental features?
Thank you :smile:

Comments

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Yes, you can try the VR dungeon sample with a custom player made for the quest (2 or 3). Use the android export and tick Quest support to generate an APK for the Quest.
    Then you’ll have to side load the APK onto your quest, I suggest using SideQuest app for that

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • piepie Member
    I managed to run a gideros player on my quest but I can't see its ip address and if I manually add it to gideros (copying the quest2 ip by hand in Player>Player Settings...) it is still not available (play button is grey). Should I do something else like giving the app some permission? How?
    Thank you :)

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Did the gideros player look as intended (a TV set in front of a sofa) ? Was the Quest 2 connected to the same WiFi as your studio ? Were the IP in the same subnet ?

• piepie Member
    Yes the gideros player looked super cute in front of the sofa, the screen was showing the usual info but ip was missing. Both laptop and quest were connected on the same wifi under the same subnet. If that should work out of the box I could try rebooting some stuff and change router to see how it goes, thank you

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    It should have worked out of the box, maybe that’s a permission issue but I don’t remember.

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Did you manage to make it work ? I have a working player project for the quest if you need, but it doesn’t seem to contain special settings. Did you enable developer mode ?

• piepie Member
    Yes I enabled developer mode (that is required to sideload apps) but unfortunately I still couldn't manage to view the ip in the almost working gideros player. Can you please share your working player?

thank you

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Accepted Answer
  • piepie Member
    Thank you, yours is working without special permissions so something went wrong with my player export. is yours signed?
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Yes, mine is signed. Here is my .gproj file: http://apps.giderosmobile.com/meta/MetaPlayer.gproj