Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Gideros 2024.9 Released — Gideros Forum

Gideros 2024.9 Released

Hi everyone,

I have just released Gideros 2024.9. Not because it brings many new features, but because it had many minor changes not released for months. Perhaps the only notable addition is TextureBase:update() call, which allows to upload a new image (from raw bytes) to an already existing texture.

Full change set:

Improvements

[plugin/iab] Use Billing library v7.0 on Android
[plugin/ads] Use latest GMS version
[plugin/iab] Use latest Amazon IAP SDK
[android/iab] Allow GooglePlay IAB to fallback to old API
[export/ios] Set supported orientations in Info.plist
[gfx/fontbase] Add TLF_TABLE to enable table like layout
[gfx/texture] Add TextureBase:update() API to change an existing texture content
[Library] Update UI Library

Fixes

[export/apple] Handle setFps on MacOS
[gfx/path] Fix line length computation

Download it from here:
http://giderosmobile.com/download
Tagged:
+1 -1 (+7 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• kinrpgkinrpg Member
    edited September 15
    Unfortunately, the problem of Gideros Player not opening still persists. All other tools are working.

Edit: And a few more feedback. The linux version correctly performed the Gideros Player, including exporting the final executable to windows and running via Wine. I copied the files to another notebook with windows 10 and... It did not work, the game appears in the window manager, consuming memory and processing at the correct average value but no window is displayed on the screen.

Another test was with the Controller plugin. In linux I ran the game with the active plugin and immediately it closed the gideros player window. In the encarting if I export to windows and run it using wine, the plugin works and recognizes the control buttons normally.

• on Mac, click the Starts Gideros Player button will open the player, but it can not connect.
    I try some old releases, 2020.11.1 work fine.
  • piepie Member
    Xman said:

on Mac, click the Starts Gideros Player button will open the player, but it can not connect.

It's an issue that happens since some release ago
    from the top menu try Player> Player Settings.. and fill in your player ip (which you can see in the player itself)
    localplayer_gd.png
    515 x 318 - 11K

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Xman said:

on Mac, click the Starts Gideros Player button will open the player, but it can not connect.

Probably some security restriction Apple enabled recently. I will have to investigate, but I don't often use my Mac for development.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    hgy29 said:

I will have to investigate, but I don't often use my Mac for development.

I tried just now and it worked perfectly on my Mac: the newly open player is seen in the detected players bars and connected automatically.
    The only case were it doesn't work is when I forget to close some other Gideros Studio running on another computer in the same network: that other Studio would steal the Mac player connection...

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • XmanXman Member
    edited September 28
    It seems the studio will not connect to the player automatically.
    only change the player ip or click Localhost Toggle will start the connection.